16 June 2007

[hangover]

10 June 07 was my colleague's son's wedding dinner. His son married a chinese gal. A romantic wedding banquet where the groom sang a song for the bride, altho his singing is not so good... But overall, it was a nice dinner.

The wedding dinner was held at Sheraton Towers, Ballroom 2. It was my first time attending a wedding dinner at the hotel... It is a grand hotel I must say :)
Well, it wasn't a good experience to sit with big boss in the same table. I was "tasked" to sit beside big boss' wife. But I can't find a topic to talk to her, thus I chose to remain silent. For it's better to remain silent than say the wrong things. All of us were rather rigid in what topic to talk about when big boss and his wife were around... Good thing they left halfway through the dinner and said they got another function to attend. *Phew*

It was a totally different "scene" with and without big boss in the same table as us. Seriously, one can see the total change of faces and attitudes in all of us when big boss left.... hahaha...
Everyone of us just let our hair down after he left, we could talk whatever we want. As there's free flow of liquor (Gordon Bleu), red wine and beer, my colleagues ordered to drink continuously...It seems like water to them... I can see that they drank to their hearts' content that night! haha... As I rarely/hardly gather together with them in such manner, I guess it should be a "happy-go-lucky" group of colleagues to be with. ;)

I took 3 glasses of red wine that night, cos colleagues keep asking me to "bottoms up", so to be sporting, I bottomed up till I got giddy and I know something isn't right then... Ooops!
It was at the end of the dinner then my manager quickly asked the waitress to serve us water to help drain away the alcohol...
I got "high" but I was sober and know what I'm doing. I couldn't walk straight!! oh no, that feeling is actually quite funny though...Had to trouble my colleague Frankie to help me to his rented car and send me home. Totally knocked-out when i got home... Gosh!...

Had a bad hangover with headache the next day. First time I felt this bad.
And... I've realised and can confirm that...I'm allergic to red wine cos I've noticed that whenever I drink red wine, rashes will appear in my forearms, legs and body... arghhh!...tough luck!~


After this episode, I asked myself...Will I ever dare to drink red wine again? Well, I guess like what my manager said, drink a bit before sleep is good sometimes... hee...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Wizard Animation