27 January 2007

Been Thinking... ...

19th Jan is our BONUS payout...Decided to save part of it for "rainy days"...
All in all, I got about less than 4 months' bonuses, including AWS (13th month bonus), MVA (also known as performance bonus) and GVA (group variable bonus)... No promotion...
But I guess, I must be thankful. Cos to have is better than getting NOTHING... :)
Well, as for salary increment, it's really peanuts-2% increment.... *faint*~
Past few weeks wasn't good week for me at work.
Had been having "cold war" with a female colleague in the office and had been feeling lousy at work whenever I see her. I know I'm wrong to feel this way. But whenever I think about what she had done, it just pissed me off.
She's a "pioneer" working in this company for 24 yrs, since 1983?....
All these years working with her, I've heard upteen times how she bragged about her working life here. I know she's the "old bird" in the company. But times will change. I just don't understand her thinking and her way of doing things. Just because last time I did something upon my ex-boss's instructions, and now the new boss asked her to do it, she kept saying to him that "last time that thing wasn't done by her"...kept emphasizing that many times in front of me. Do I go to her to confront her? No. I kept quiet. I was fuming inside and ventend my anger by banging things to her her my displeasure. I know I was wrong, but it is human to feel how I felt that moment. Thus, we came into "cold war" till now. Many colleagues had warned me upon my first day at work that she is a person not easy to work with. They have somehow or rather gone thru unhappy times with her. So, till today, we've not talked... I had wanted to email to her about how I feel but till now I've not done so cos I thought, why should I be the first to talk to her? Btw, this isn't the first time. Some of my colleagues told me to forget it, that's her character, why should I bother and take it to heart what she had done? I'm a person who take things too hard...... I can forgive, but it's hard for me to forget...
So, I've been thinking...... should I look for a greener pasture? It's been almost 6 yrs I worked in this company. I've been feeling bored with the work I've been doing all these years. Can't imagine that colleague of mine can work for 24 years????? OMG!~
Every meeting my boss chairs, he appoints me to be the "minutes writer". That's why I suggested to my boss to purchase a voice recorder so that it will aid me in my typing out the minutes for my boss to vet thru. haha...
So much about my work, I'm still in dilemma whether to leave or not to leave. Few of my colleagues told me don't be tricked and trapped in this company...run as soon as I can if I could. It is not a place to work for long-term. Only few of the benefits plus good bonuses attract me to this company. Few of my friends/colleagues told me not to resign just because of the unhappiness episode I am having with my colleague. That will be the most "stupidest" reason...hahaa...
Have been flipping the RECRUIT section in the newspapers on Saturdays but only few positions are to my "likings"... And the thought of sending my resume in and going for interviews just puts me off, as it's been 6 yrs I've not done it! I feel lazy... Anyway, I shall pray about it.
Thursday met my friend and her sis at Novena sq for shopping. Bought a $16 pair of black pants and 3 pairs of shoes (2 pairs from U.R.S - $15 and $19.90 & 1 pair -$20 from a no brand shop)... All in all I spent $70.90, am very satisfied with my purchases. Still looking around for a pair of beige colour shoes... As for CNY clothes, I've more or less finished shopping for them... ;)
Shall continue another day with my "retail therapy" when I feel like it!
Ok, I shall stop here......tonight's a nice cool weather to sleep!!!.... *nitez*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Wizard Animation